Pages

Friday 3 February 2012

Day 27

January 27th, Friday - Northern Lights at midnight. Yes, The trip was on Thursday, but it went into Friday and I'm bleeding counting it (as otherwise I'd have to draw me on the plane).

One of the things I've always wanted to see and one of the best ways to end a fantastic holiday. Amazing. My camera couldn't capture it for crap though so this drawing will have to do. I don't have the coloured marker for it, but it should be a greeny band. Oh, and also it was bitter bitter cold. No number of layers could help, I has chilled to my very soul - I had to sleep in my clothes and thermals...


Also, as part of my '30 by 30' list I have to read 7 books. Ok, I know to some this doesn't sound like much but I've been terrible at reading the last couple of years. I'm not illiterate or anything, I read lots of Graphic Novels, magazines, articles etc but have just been terrible with books. It had taken me 18 months to read 50 pages of this current book. So, I've set myself a number to aim for (and no, I'm not counting Graphic novels, even though I love them). On the flight back from Iceland I finished this one finally!

Book 1 of 7 - No. 44, The Mysterious Stranger - Mark Twain
This was a great book, but a bit of a struggle (almost 2 bloody years) due to the language used and the excrutiating detail Twain went into when describing the old printing press factories and the processes involved in early print. I re-read a lot of this book twice to try and help absorb it. I blame that fact. I'm not shit. Honest. But other than that, a fascinating read, focusing on the dynamic between the two main characters and heavy look at Twains views on religion, humanity and the afterlife. Next book can't take this long....

Film 94 - Funny People
A very personal film from Judd Apatow and Adam Sandler. Not that funny, more of a dramedy (still hilarious at places). Sandler and Rogen are great (as is Eric Bana briefly) but as is usual with Apatow films this drags on a bit longer than it should. Still an ace film and good post holiday sofa watching - Though if you're looking for an 'Illness' comedy drama catch last years brilliant 50/50.

No comments:

Post a Comment