Pages

Thursday 2 February 2012

Day 25

January 25th, Wednesday - The Golden Circle tour. This involved a trip to some of Icelands great natural wonders - Gullfoss Falls, a huge double waterfall; Geysir, the original spouting geyser (and where we take the name from), and what I ended up calling The Rift, a divide where the North American and Eurasian continental plates meet.

Sadly, Geysir is a bit slow in his old age, so doesn't spout as high as he used to and only like once a week (It'll happen to us all, don't worry Geysir). But his younger upstart brother Strokkur (as above) is a bit of an attention whore and spurts for all the crowd every 5 minutes or so. He's pretty damn impressive, shooting 20 - 30m high. But don't tell him I said, he already has a bit of an ego.

Look, there I am. Thats how I actually posed. I'm a cool kid. *murmurs in the back* What? Who said that??!

No comments:

Post a Comment